Weekly market analysis covering Singapore, US, Hong Kong and China — stocks, REITs, ETFs and trading perspectives.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Exit Strategy Explained
Dear reader Weiguo think EXIT more important than ENTRY. I think both ENTRY and EXIT are equally important, just like our left and right arms. Here I want to explained my EXIT strategy, since all along the way I've talked more on entry only. Thanks weiguo for bring this to my attention.
If you are a long-time reader of this blog, you probably already knew I'm a short term swing trader, my typical holding period is from two days to no more than two weeks. I'm talking about two sets of simple exit stratgies below:
1. Short term swing trading
a. Exit on next resistance ( often I use MA, Horizontal resistance, bearish reversal candle pattern, gap)
2. Longer time position trading(or trend trading)
a. Exit when trend change, simply use 20dma as a gauge, when it below 20dma, i'm looking for the immediate recent low, and place my exit point below the low. (this is for up trend, vice versa for downtrend)
If you are a long-time reader of this blog, you probably already knew I'm a short term swing trader, my typical holding period is from two days to no more than two weeks. I'm talking about two sets of simple exit stratgies below:
1. Short term swing trading
a. Exit on next resistance ( often I use MA, Horizontal resistance, bearish reversal candle pattern, gap)
2. Longer time position trading(or trend trading)
a. Exit when trend change, simply use 20dma as a gauge, when it below 20dma, i'm looking for the immediate recent low, and place my exit point below the low. (this is for up trend, vice versa for downtrend)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment