For a trader, winning is extremly dangerous if you haven't learned how to monitor and control yourself.

The Secret Recipe: Trading Success = Winning Trading System - U


Monday, October 26, 2009

Some Thoughts

Since I switched my focus from US market to Singapore market, I have been doing intensively research on it-- over two hundreds of chart on daily basis and double it over the weekend. What I feel is Singapore is really boring as compare to US market on intraday basis. means to say it doesn't move that much, in fact I haven't seen a really rally yet--mainly is because the markes is in range trading for past two month or so. It's not a good market for intraday traders here. But on the other hand, I found out it's very cool to do short term position trading or swing trading here-- hold from few days to few weeks, give it some time let it run slowly and steadily, not so volatile and have a lower risk.

As for now, I'm still doing US market, but just focus on my watchlist for dozens of stocks. and continue dig singapore market, since asian market is much bullisher compare to US market(it can be tell from indices chart), the odd of up is higher, it does make sense to invest here. A good news i just received is that a new China ETF based on Sin Dollar will be launched soon, it called United FTSE/Xinhua china A50 ETF, consist of 50 top China A shares. I'm sure it will spark local investors.

Many people disappointed with the Oct rise as it was widely expected to go down, and it didn't. so nowadays people say Nov will be down since Oct it didn't. What kind of weird logic is that. I'm not really bother it, it might be up, and it might be down. Nobody knows until it happened. The fact is it's a nice uptrend market so far, and based on this, I will look for those stocks setup nicely to upside. If I'm wrong, I cut loss and get out; if i'm right, I make money out of it. I want to be in the market otherwise I will miss out the run. I want to risk small amount of money in order to have gain.

No comments: