For a trader, winning is extremly dangerous if you haven't learned how to monitor and control yourself.

The Secret Recipe: Trading Success = Winning Trading System - U


Monday, May 28, 2012

Might June be a Turning Point?

Might the month of June be the turning point for Mr. Bearish market? Having saying that, I have two important date to note:

First, 17th June: Greece new election date.( click HERE for details), market will be watching the result of this election see whether the Greek can form a government or not, see which side win. Market will definitely react on that, be it bullish or bearish.

Second, 20th June: US Fed FOMC meeting announcement. Will Fed push out QE3 to stimulate the economy and improve the unemployment ahead of Nov Presidency Election? We will see.

I have a colleague Mr. Lee who has been in this line for 50 years-- he started before I was born. With respect, I asked him: when is the worst time for stock market in your 50 years? He replied me without thinking: NOW.

I paused without a word. In my experience, it is true for most people (maybe 98%), as we only trade in one direction--long or buy then sell, we don't get used to short or sell then back back later. We don't trade CFD, futures or use other hedging methods as many Algo, hedge funds doing now. It's really a tough time. I will not be able to survive if I did not trade futures, thanks God Kim Eng CFD will be resumed soon-- I still can short the market if it's down. The market get more volatile, the up/down cycle shortened.

Let's get well prepared and equipped appropriate tools for this market.

No comments: